What makes us tick & what we stand for
Mudgee Fine Foods Inc is home to Mudgee region's enthusiastic, specialist and fine food producers
Anyone who has ever been to our Farmers’ or Makers’ Markets or joined us on a Farm Walk or been to one of our Farm Gates will know that the Mudgee Region is blessed with a plethora of keen, diverse, dedicated and very talented food producers.
Mudgee Fine Foods Incorporated (launched in 2005) is a non-profit organisation that was created to increase the awareness of our local food industry and to promote the Mudgee region in conjunction with Mudgee Wine Grape Growers Assn. Inc. and Mudgee Regional Tourism.
The MFFI operates the Farmers’ Market to give the local community and visitors alike the opportunity to purchase fresh locally grown foods, plants and value-added produce directly from the grower/maker and learn about how real food is produced.
Our events provide local producers the opportunity to meet, talk and pass on their knowledge directly to their customers, fellow farmers and producers and provide attendees with the opportunity to sell their produce and products directly to the consumer.
Voted in the top 10 NSW Farmers’ Markets
Do you have an excess in your backyard veggie garden or fruit trees with a bountiful crop?
Share your excess lemons, silver beet, tomatoes, even flowers at the Farmers Markets by selling or swapping what you grow. The COMMUNITY TABLE is a FREE stall to backyard growers, kids gardens and a great way to meet folk with a love of fresh local produce.
When members, suppliers, customers and regional partners think of us, we want them to be confident that:
• We understand that the more quality food producers, food processors and hospitality service providers this region supports, the better it is for all of us
• We support the business growth of all our members, whether they be tiny and local, or large and national
• We encourage the organic production of food using sustainable agricultural methods
• We support meat producers and meat processors who consider the welfare of their animals from birth to death
• We endeavour to take an active role in encouraging and promoting sustainable practices, packaging and production methods to reduce the ecological footprint of our activities
Meet Some Of Our Members
Come, meet and engage with our clever, discerning and hard-working producers and farmers
John Grant - Baker
John Grant - Baker
At the Easter markets, John’s Hot Cross Buns have become legendary, selling over 600 in an hour and a half!Bread available at the Farmers Markets includes battards, potato bread, rye, and rolls. Also available at Cafe ‘Artisans on Lewis’, Lewis St Mudgee opposite St Mathews School
M 0407 837 739